Saturday, May 30, 2009

A Fork in the Road ... er, um, Blog

I originally started Breads My Way to showcase both local bakeries as well as my own efforts with making, eating, and teaching breads to others. Somewhere between the day I created this blog on Blogspot and the day I started posting on it, something changed. Maybe I thought I'd just put in a restaurant review or two along with everything else. Whatever happened, Breads My Way sort of went off in a totally tangential direction from where I originally intended it.

Which is perfectly fine with me.

When I put up my first smattering of entries, I was doing it just for me. I didn't care if anyone else on the entire planet read what I had to write. But somewhere along the way I discovered that I did have regular readers and many were enjoying what I was posting about. I also found that I had started to develop a certain voice in my writing and I knew that this process of discovery would continue as I continued to write.

One of the nice things about using Blogspot is how easy it is to host multiple blogs and export and import from one to another. So, I started a new food blog called Exploring Food My Way. Currently it contains an absolute mirror (including comments) of what is available on Breads My Way. And it will continue to do so until June 15th, 2009. At that point, the blogs will diverge and I will only be updating Exploring Food My Way with the types of posts you've been used to seeing here. Breads My Way will be left intact for quite some time, although new posts (if I decide to make any) will be more in tune with the original purpose of the blog. Should you wish to only check one blog from this point forward, check with Exploring Food My Way for new (and already published) content. For those of you with browser links or subscriptions to the old site, I want to personally invite you to update those programs with a link or subscription to the new site.

To try and avoid any confusion between the two sites, I decided to give the new blog a bit of a color update so that it not only feels "fresh", but can also be visually distinguished from the old site.

Finally, gentle reader, I wanted to thank you for your continued visits to my site to read my culinary rantings as well as the offering of both your comments and suggestions. It is truly appreciated.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good decision tino. your new blog title really reflects your blog focus. Although, no matter what you call it, it's one of the few blogs I check daily :)

-Karen